Learn your Enneagram type to understand:
- What drives you forward
- What is most likely to hold you back
- What a healthy version of your personality can be like
- What you can be like when you’re at your worst!
- How your type interacts with others you want to get along with
What you need to know about the Enneagram:
- Description of your basic personality type (one of 9 categories)
- Tries to describe what growth and dysfunction look like within your type
- Goes to greater lengths than most systems of personality description to explain personal uniqueness – therefore is more complicated!
- There are free tests online to help direct you toward what your type is, but you can also read the descriptions to identify yourself if you’re somewhat self-aware
- It’s not religious or cultic even though the name and symbol kind of give that impression 🙂
What I found most helpful:
- Learning my own type shed light on my motivations for being a missionary – and how strange it feels to step out of ministry for the time being
- Learning my husband’s type helped me understand why we approach life so differently and what motivates him
- I loved the “Levels of Development” described for my type. It was like seeing a ladder from myself at my weakest to my most healthy and effective self.
- I could easily see myself in my type when I read the description – if you have the patience to read the descriptions and if you know yourself well, this may be enough for you. Otherwise try an online test!
Share your discoveries about your own personality in the comments!